Updated January 2017
HOST A COLLECTION DRIVE (good for groups)
Our top need is always, always shelter & soup kitchen supplies! We encourage you to host a homeless needs collection drive on our behalf. Just decorate and place a box in a common area of your school or church, talk to your friends & neighbors about our needs, share our Amazon Wishlist on your social media, and feel free to drop-off at 111 37th Street anytime! If you prefer to schedule a drop-off appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our Amazon wishlist (click on the button below) and see our Donate page for additional info.
SANDWICH MAKING PARTIES (good for groups)
We also encourage you to throw an offsite "sandwich-making party" for PERC, as sandwiches - cold cuts like ham & cheese are especially wonderful - are ALWAYS welcome in our soup kitchen and drop-in centers. We ask for 100 sandwiches minimum. Please email email@example.com to schedule a drop-off time.
As we get many requests for volunteering, we ask that potential office & special projects volunteers/interns make a minimum three-month (or 60 hour) commitment. School credit may be available. Please submit an application through our site and be sure to describe your skills, background and why are you interested in volunteering.
Please note that at this time, all volunteer opportunities to serve meals in our soup kitchen are filled. However, if you are willing to prepare and cook a dinner meal offsite for us, you may visit our kitchen and serve the meal with your group. Your meal should be sufficient to serve 150 individuals. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to donate and serve a meal.
We are pleased to offer an emergency food pantry distribution to needy families in the community on the second Wednesday of every month. At this time, all volunteer opportunities to assist with our food pantry are filled.
Due to space and liability reasons, please note that we do not have any opportunities for volunteers under 18 inside the shelter at this time.
Also please note that we cannot generally accommodate individuals desiring one-time or short-term volunteering requests.
To apply for office work or special projects, please fill out our volunteer application.
Special opportunities at PERC
- Organizing supplies collection drives (see the Donate page for additional info)
- Web-building, graphic design and tech support
- Grantwriting assistance and identifying new funding sources
- Art and beautification projects - murals, painting, decorating, etc
- Brochure and promotional materials design
- Administrative support in our office - i.e. answering phones, connecting clients to resources, data entry, organizational help and special projects as needed (M-F 10-6, no evenings or weekends)
- On-call driving to pick up food and other donations
- Photographing special events and volunteer groups
- Building maintenance - cleaning, handyman/woman projects
- Special events support
- Translating our materials into Spanish
Translate This Page