LONGEST NIGHT CAMPAIGN - NOVEMBER 21 - DECEMBER 21, 2013
In conjunction with Garden State ECDC, we invite you to participate in our month-long campaign to bring awareness to the plight of homelessness.
Every autumn, the days get shorter and the nights get longer. As we warm our homes for the holidays, it gets colder on the streets. For people with nowhere to live, life gets harder and harder. We are working to change that.
We will be raising funds to end the crisis of homelessness and collecting much needed supplies, culminating in our annual Homeless Memorial Service which will be held on Thursday, December 19.
Ways you can help:
- Start a Drive (food drive, sock drive, blanket drive, etc.)
- Start an online fundraiser (create your own personal page)
- Donate online or by check
LONGEST NIGHT EVENTS
"Share the Warmth of the Season" Concert
Wednesday, December 18 at 7:00pm
St. Aedan's Church at St. Peter's University
800 Bergen Avenue, Jersey City
Admission $20 or a new blanket
5th Annual Hudson County Interfaith
Homeless Memorial Service
Thursday, December 19 at 1:00pm
Old Bergen Church, One Highland Ave., Jersey City
To participate in the Homeless Memorial Service on December 19, we invite you to:
- Forward names of deceased individuals
- Run a "drive" to collect new thermals, socks, hats, scarves, gloves as well as toiletries and items for bagged meals (such as juice boxes, fruit, snack foods, zip-close sandwich bags, paper lunch bags, etc.) to be distributed to homeless individuals
- Help us make and distribute gift bags, sandwiches and bagged meals for the homeless, serve at the memorial reception and help clean up (on Thursday, December 19 at Old Bergen Church from 9am to 3:30pm)
- Bake and bring cookies or bagged meals to the memorial reception
For more information, email email@example.com or call 201-668-0546
- Spread the word - via Facebook, Twitter, texting, email, etc!